It’s seriously hard to believe that I am half way through my pregnancy. Ever since we found out that we have a baby girl on the way, I have felt so much closer to this pregnancy and so much more excited about meeting this little person inside of me. To add to the excitement, I am starting to feel this angel moving around in my belly on a more regular basis. I keep saying “being pregnant is so cool and so nuts!”
I promised myself during this 9 or so months that I wouldn’t turn the Lo Down into a pregnancy blog, but I definitely think the half way point requires some documentation.
Highlights of the first 20 weeks of pregnancy:
- Not throwing up or feeling sick for any major length of time.
- Reveal party!
- Watching my little girl dance around the screen during all of her ultrasounds. During the last one, she was actually in a pike position, legs over her head. (yes, the “like her mother” comments have already been said)
- Feeling those little movements or “bubbles” in my belly.
- Still fitting into my jeans!! With the help of a hair binder to secure the top or a belly band for my work pants.
Low lights of the first 20 weeks of pregnancy:
- Getting up in the night to go to the bathroom. I guess my days of sleeping through the night are over.
- Sneezing. Who knew that sneezing would lead to 3 different changes in underwear. Holy embarrassing!
- Lion King nipples. I can’t remember if I read or was told that one of the reasons your nipples get so enormous and turn so dark is because its providing a target for the baby for breastfeeding. Well, take my word for it, my little girl will have very little problem finding her target. Ted sings the Lion King theme song when I step out of the shower.
Luckily the highlights trump the low lights. As predicted by some of my best friends, I am loving this experience.